About counsellingCounselling is a talking therapy that gives you a safe, confidential space in which to share your thoughts and feelings.
A Counsellor is someone who is trained to listen empathetically to your problems and then support you to find strategies and solutions to help you resolve your issues. We work together to change unhelpful thoughts and behaviours that may be holding you back.
COUNSELLING CAN HELP WITH A WIDE RANGE OF PROBLEMS, INCLUDING;
• Feeling low, unhappy or depressed
• Low self confidence or self esteem
• Relationship difficulties
• Emotional, physical or sexual abuse
• Worries about partners, family, children or others
• Stress, Anxiety and panic attacks
• Feeling stressed and/or overwhelmed
• Coping with physical illness or disability
• Overcoming fears and phobias
• Work related issues such as redundancy, retirement or unemployment
• Understanding and managing anger
• Difficult life choices and decisions
• Feelings of being unable to cope or function efficiently
• Problems with your own, or another person’s unhealthy destructive behaviours
• Loss, bereavement, divorce or separation
• Feeling angry and frustrated
• Self harm and self-defeating behaviours
WHAT COUNSELLING INVOLVES
Counselling can involve talking about sensitive issues and revealing your inner most personal thoughts and feelings. Sometimes our problems can feel complicated and difficult to overcome, or we may feel that our difficulties will be thought of as trivial and we should be able to deal with them ourselves.
A Counsellor will focus on you and listen to your problems without judging or criticising you.
WHEN CAN COUNSELLING HELP?
When life feels okay, we feel good about ourselves and can meet the day to day demands of life. However sometimes we go through difficult times or we experience feelings which concern us – grief, fear, loneliness, anger or guilt. You may be going through a crisis, or have an ongoing situation which has become overwhelming and unbearable.
It’s times like these that counselling can help you make sense of what is happening and support you through a difficult time in your life.
Footprints Counselling and Therapy Services
9 Paddock Gardens